Ruben Bonilla Esq.
Ruben Bonilla Esq. is an Investor/Partner and has been elected to the Board of Advisors of the Company. He is a distinguished and prominent Texas attorney and partner in the law firm of Bonilla and Chapa, PC (www.bonilla-chapalaw.com). Mr. Bonilla has spent a lifetime dedicated to public service. He is very active in civic, charitable and public affairs and is considered an important leader in Hispanic American issues, especially those related to Mexico.
The following are current organizational and community affiliations:
* Chairman, Port of Corpus Christi Authority
* Member, Local Government Corporation of the Port of Corpus Christi
* Chairman, Corpus Christi Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO),
Transportation Policy Committee
* Chairman, Pilot Board, Port of Corpus Christi
* Member of the Board of Directors, World Affairs Council of South Texas
* Member, Mayor’s Cabinet, Mayor Henry Garrett 2007 - 2009
* Board of Trustees Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Foundation
* Member, Parents Advisory Board, University of Texas at Austin
* Member, Chancellor’s Council of the University of Texas System
* Board of Directors, American Bank, Corpus Christi, Texas
* Member, President’s Board of Advisors, Texas A&M University-C.C.
* Member, Business Advisory Council for Texas A&M Christi
* Member, CHRISTUS Spohn Health System Foundation Board
* Administrator, Dan Purcell Scholarship
* Pan American Golf Association
* Board of Governors, Leadership Corpus Christi Alumni Association
* American Railway Development Association
* Chairman, Texan Torch Committee, W.B. Ray High School
* “Power Upཀ” Del Mar Foundation
* Trustee South Texas Institute of the Arts
* Adopt A School Sponsor, Cunningham Middle School, Corpus Christi
* Corpus Christi Chamber of Commerce
* Life Member, University of Texas Ex-Students Association
* League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)
* Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
* Knights of Columbus Council #8066
* Keeton Fellow, Law School Foundation, University of Texas Law School
* Member, Dean’s Roundtable, University of Texas School of Law
* Member, “Share Our Dream” Capital Improvement Campaign
Holy Family Church, Corpus Christi, Texas.
* Trustee, W. B. Ray Texan Torch Foundation
* Trustee, McCord-Turnersville Scholarship Foundation
* NAFTA/Mexico Transpacific subcommittee of the Inter-institutional
Committee for Development of Multi-modal Corridors, Port Authority
of San Antonio
During his lifelong involvement in his community he has been involved in scores of other organizations, too numerous to mention here but available upon request. In addition, he has received scores of honors and awards for his exemplary contributions from the civic, educational and charitable organizations in which he is involved. We are proud to have a person of Ruben Bonilla’s stature involved with The Americas Group Cuba Business Enterprise.
Ruben is a member of the State Bar of Texas, Nueces County Bar Association, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Hidalgo County Bar Association, American Bar Association, and American Association for Justice and a Sustaining Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, State Bar of Texas. He has a Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree and a Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of Texas at Austin.